8080 RAVINES EDGE COURT STE 200  COLUMBUS, OHIO 43235 |  
P: 614.430.3030  |  F: 614.430.8025  |  RESEARCH@OPTIMED.US.COM

Glaucoma or ocular hypertension shouldn’t take away special moments.

緑内障や高眼圧症に、大切な瞬間を奪われないために。

日本語

Learn More

If you’ve been diagnosed with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OHT),
learn how you could participate in this study of an investigational eye drop.
 
開放隅角緑内障(OAG)または高眼圧症(OHT)という診断を受けている方に、治験点眼薬の臨床試験への参加方法をご案内します。
日本語のパンフレット
English brochure

When treating open-angle glaucoma (OAG) or ocular hypertension (OHT) 

開放隅角緑内障(OAG)または高眼圧症(OHT)の治療

Your doctor’s priority is to lower the pressure in your eyes to prevent damage to the optic nerve. Lowering this pressure, called intraocular pressure, is important because it can cause vision loss when it gets too high. While some medications can help delay the progression of OAG or OHT, there is a need to develop additional medications that can safely lower intraocular pressure, while being convenient to use. In this study, doctors are evaluating whether an investigational eye drop can lower intraocular pressure. They want to compare the safety and efficacy of the investigational eye drop to placebo, which looks like the investigational eye drop, but contains no active medication. In previous studies of a mostly non-Japanese population, the investigational eye drop has shown to be safe and efficacious. This study is being conducted to ensure that similar results are shown in people of Japanese ethnicity. The results of this study will provide more information about the investigational eye drop and whether it could one day be used to help treat OAG or OHT.

開放隅角緑内障(OAG)または高眼圧症(OHT)の治療において医師が最優先するのは、眼内の圧力を低下させ視神経の損傷を防ぐことです。眼圧と呼ばれるこの圧力が高くなりすぎると視力低下の原因となるため、これを下げることが重要です。OAGやOHTの進行の遅延を補助する薬もありますが、使いやすく、安全に眼圧を低下させることができる薬の開発が必要とされています。この研究では、治験点眼薬が眼圧を低下させることができるかどうかを医師が評価します。治験点眼薬の安全性と効能を、治験点眼薬によく似ているが実際の薬物成分は含まれていないプラセボと比較します。主に日本人以外の被験者を対象とした以前の研究では、治験点眼薬が安全かつ効能があることが示されました。この研究は、日本人被験者群でも同様の結果が示されることを確認するために実施されます。この研究の結果により、治験点眼薬についてより詳細な情報を獲得し、そして将来的にOAGやOHTの治療に活用できるかどうかが明らかになります。

Who is eligible to participate in this study?

この研究に参加するにはどのような条件がありますか。

To pre-qualify for this study, you must:

• Be 18 years of age or older

• Be of Japanese ethnicity within the second generation (proven by birth certificate or family tree)

• Have been diagnosed with OAG or OHT in both eyes (OAG in one eye and OHT in the other eye is acceptable)

All study-related visits, tests, and drugs will be provided at no cost. In addition, reimbursement for study-related travel may be provided.

この試験に参加いただくには、以下の条件を満たしている必要があります。

•18歳以上である。

•第二世代以内で民族的に日本人である。(出生証明書や家系図にて証明できる)

•両目がOAGまたはOHTと診断されている。(片眼がOAGでもう片方がOHTの場合も可)

研究に伴うすべての来院、検査、薬剤にかかる費用を参加者が負担することはありません。さらに、研究に関連する交通費が提供される場合もあります。

What will happen during this study?

この研究では、どのようなことが行われますか。

If you are eligible for this study, and you agree to participate, you will be randomly assigned (like the flip of a coin) to 1 of 3 study groups. Two groups will receive the investigational drug and one group will receive placebo. You have a 66.7% chance of receiving the investigational drug and a 33.3% chance of receiving placebo. To prevent any biased opinions about the study drugs (investigational or placebo) from a‘ecting the study results, you, the study doctor, and the study sta‘ will not know study group assignments. However, in the event of an emergency, this information can be provided. You will administer your study drug once every evening for 28 days. Your total study participation will last approximately 29 days, which includes up to 6 study clinic visits for tests and assessments.

この研究への参加資格があると認められ、参加に合意されると、3つの研究グループの内のいずれかに無作為に(コインを投げて決めるように)割りふられます。2つのグループには治験薬が投与され、1つのグループにはプラセボが投与されます。あなたに治験薬が投与される確率は66.7%で、プラセボが投与される確率は33.3%です。研究薬(治験薬またはプラセボ)に対する偏った意見が研究結果に影響を及ぼさないよう、参加者、研究医、研究スタッフに研究グループの割りふりは知らされません。ただし、緊急時にはこの情報は開示可能です。参加者は、研究薬を28日間、毎晩一回使用します。研究への参加期間はおよそ29日間で、これには検査と評価のための最大6回の来院が含まれます。

What are the benefits and risks related to this study?

この研究に参加することのメリットとリスクは何ですか。

There is no guarantee you will receive any benefit from participating in this study. However, your participation may help others with OAG or OHT in the future. It is also possible you could experience a side effect while in this study. The study coordinator will review the full list of side effects with you before you join the study. Your health and safety will be monitored while you are in this study. The sponsor of this study was required to design a protocol, which explains all study procedures in detail. An independent review board responsible for participant safety reviewed this protocol and requires that it be followed exactly.

この研究に参加することで何らかのメリットを享受できるという保証はありません。しかし、参加いただくことは、将来的にOAGやOHTの他の患者の治療に役立ちます。参加者は、この試験中に副作用を経験される可能性があります。研究スタッフが、試験に参加される前に全ての副作用のリストをもって詳細をご説明します。この研究中のあなたの健康と安全はモニターされます。この研究の後援者には、すべての研究手順を詳細に説明する実施要領を作成することが義務付けられています。参加者の安全について責任を担う独立した審査委員会が、この実施要領を審査し、確実にこれに従うことを要求します。


 

About Research Studies

学術調査研究について

Pharmaceutical companies use research studies like this one to learn more about investigational drugs before they are made available to the public. The results of this study will provide more information about the investigational eye drop being evaluated. By taking part in this study, you will be making an important contribution to OAG or OHT treatment research.

製薬会社では、治験薬を一般向けに販売する前に、治験薬についての理解を深めるために今回のような調査研究を実施します。この研究の結果、評価対象である治験点眼薬に関するより詳細な情報を得ることができます。この試験にご参加いただくことで、OAGまたはOHTの治療調査への重要な貢献をしていただけます。