Research is at the heart of advancing our knowledge of Heart Disease. Without people like you, we wouldn't be where we are today.
About Heart Disease
Can inflammation increase a person’s risk of heart attack or stroke?
There is a great deal of evidence that inflammation plays a major role in the development and onset of thrombolytic events (heart attack or stroke caused by a blood clot).
Recent studies suggest that reducing levels of inflammation in the body for individuals who are at high risk of developing dangerous blood clots may decrease the chances of having a heart attack by more than 50% and may decrease the chances of a stroke by up to 48%.
We are currently seeking participants for an investigational medication that could reduce inflammation levels in the body and significantly reduce the risk of developing major cardiac events.
About the Study
This research study will be conducted at Optimed Research in North Columbus. After you pre-qualify, the study staff will discuss additional details such as study duration, location, and number of visits involved, and help answer any questions you may have.
As a study participant, your condition will also be closely monitored by the study staff (nurses and clinicians) under the guidance of the study doctor. You will also receive the investigational medication and study-related tests and procedures at no cost.
Participants who qualify and enroll will:
• Receive study-related care and investigational medication at no cost
• Receive close monitoring by a qualified physician and study team
• Have the opportunity to discuss and learn about your condition
• Study participation may also help advance medical knowledge of preventing heart attacks
Who may participate?
We are currently seeking individuals who meet the following:
• 18 years or older
• History of heart attack or documented coronary artery disease
• Type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome (high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol and excess abdominal fat)
8080 Ravines Edge Court. Suite 200 Columbus, Ohio 43235
P 614.430.3030 | F 614.430.8025